ATL to Tupelo, MS

Randy was a great host!  He is keeping the bike for us for the winter and helped me shuttle the bike and took me shooting at the range and was all around super awesome.  We didn't stick around too long as we had to get visiting parks and get over to Eureka Springs, AR for the last rally of the year.   
 
 
Randy, being the good host he is, sitting and watching us work!  Just kidding, he was buffing my bike just before the picture.

We had a difficult time finding signs on this trip. But here is one,

 


This is the visitor center, but no sign around...  We got our stamps though.


Kick Junk just doesn't make me want to run in and buy veggies.  I think the thought was good, but I suggest a rebranding.
 



Special treat when we walked out of the Red Tail Mustang museum!




This was a Kiwi Vineyard!  I would like to stop and taste test... Maybe next time.

These grasses are very popular.
 
Lots of military parks to visit.  Outside of the boisterous ranger, it was a nice park. 
 

Seems odd that they painted cannons baby blue back in the civil war days....





Was there a crash

Sometimes I have no clue!  I'm sure there was something...?

This was some star town and I have no idea.  Ask Shannon next time you see her.


If attitude counts, well...  We're still in Alabama... Sorry.






 
Selma Interpretive center along the Selma to Montgomery trail.  I find troubling information at some of these types of centers.  Mainly because they are not fact centers. They is more than enough hear-say to fill the brain with one-sided information.  I prefer both sides of the story.  
 








Shannon was able to get her first upclose experience with cotton.  Since it is such a pivotal part of this country, I stopped so she could check it out and get some pictures.
Cotton plants with Cotton clouds on the horizon.

Lookie there, we understand!

Pretty bridge, but the march for black rights started here.. 

Roadside ribs on a motorcycle picnic bench :)  No joking, this little Indian guy made some awesome ribs!  About as good as mine!  I would go out of my way to stop there again.  


Another day ends as the sun melts into the horizon.


But those clound look a bit ominous.

Uhm, this is looking bad.

Yikes!  I don't like yellow and red radar on the bike!

I'm opting to stop and wait this one out!

And 2.5 hours of lightning and hard rain later, we opted to gear-up and get out of the area! Tupelo hotel was booked and paid for, and only 40 miles away.  Tired of waiting, and just plum tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallup to Parumph, Wrap-up

Day 7 - Flaming Gorge to Tetons

Orlando then a dose of National Wildlife Refuges