Tupelo to Hot Springs NP

We slept in a bit and watched a few hours of the 9/11 tributes and documentaries before heading out.  It was nice to kick back and reflect.  We really enjoyed the backroads of Arkansas!  We don't have many pics of the oxbow lakes, but there is no shortage of water in this part of the country. 
 
This sign was on the highway off ramp.  We opted to pass on the selfie at this sign.


Neat trees displaying their Detroit lean.

I had a funny comment about picking the right cotton...  Oh yeah!  Egyptian, tall, 50/50, etc.  lol

I finally had to slow down so Shannon could display the white as snow fields of cotton.


We felt very welcome.

I think there is something important on that sign!

Apparently I slowed down twice... More cotton.

OLD Kroger.  I wish we would have chosen to eat there, rather than the gas station.  Bad choice this time.

That might be what the other sign said!

Dollar General has got it figured out!  Cold Beer!  And I bet it includes a price of many dollars.  Sometimes it's a fuel stop and DG, and that's it for many, many miles!


Back roads are awesome, as long as you don't picture thousands of Indians walking at gun point nearly starved and dehydrated, dying as they are forced from their lands ... 
 
Randy made us change up our selfies...  Now we can't remember which park is...  Oh wait.... The name is right there. Never mind.

Every now and again we gotta give the ride some glory!
 

It was purdy round there




We would have enjoyed the lilypad bloom around here, but maybe another time.





 
Lots of dragon flies.  This one was gonna catch a ride on my highway pegs...  Comfy choice my friend.





We saw lots of water where there wasn't always water.




Apparently they burn of the corn stalks... Not used to that.  Must be new age farmin.



 
The racial thing is a stretch for me as this was all out of my lifetime. 

Do appreciate the era and what the black folk went through regardless.
 



Neat how the station was restored to the proper era.   I tried to fill up with $.25 per gallon gas, but the pumps were locked!



Quite a school. 

It is time to get CLEAN my brothers; right here at the Baptist College Carwash!

I love to see local talent recognized.
 
We've been here before, but it's a decent place to visit
Shannon's favorite beer!
 
 
The hallowed tree.
One of the ole' steam bath houses.  Some still operate.


And night descends upon us once again. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallup to Parumph, Wrap-up

Day 7 - Flaming Gorge to Tetons

Orlando then a dose of National Wildlife Refuges