Day 3 - Farmington, NM to Amarillo by mornin'

The best bovine ride.


Sometimes you have to look back to see the clouds! (Randy)










Praying Mantis


Interesting cloud formation over Aztec Ruins


When did the Aztec occupy any part of the USA you ask?  (Never)


Don't see many ultralites, but this guy was buzzing the park for 30 minutes




This place is ruined!




They are serious about their barbeque down in these here parts

A random flag on a top a hill



Dried up river beds

 
We seem to find allot of parks the seem to have less than stellar roads.
 




Shannon sure can get good flower pictures!











The roads in and out of Chaco (min 22miles from both directions) are absolutely horrible.  South is better than the north.  They are bad in a car...absolutely horrid on a motorcycle.  One of the least liked parks in the US for this reason.



Lots of washboard and deep ruts that 10mph was too fast!


But where else can you watch Longhorns play king of the hill?

Sometimes you get 'stuck' on the wrong side of the road.  Luckily this was a section that was just rut and not washboard

How'd that flat rock get on that column?

Ever have that 'FINALLY' moment when you see pavement?  We did!




Who doesn't want to visit Cuba?  I forgot to get some cigars.




Really cool place that I can't remember because this was 6 months ago

They took off the guns, but isn't that awesome!

The NP Ranger was not happy with me for passing on double yellow which I RARELY do.  I'm sure his intention was to give me a ticket until I told him the guy waved me on.  I keep a radar detector and a video recorder on the bike.  He was trying REALLY hard to get me for speeding. It still took him about 5 miles to catch us initial contact.

Neat park and a great ride between Chaco and here (on the pavement anyway)




That crazy squirrel is everywhere I go!




Holy rock wall


The original adobe house.

The original rearview picture queen!



These people follow us on every sunny day!  I still can't figure out how they keep up cause we ride on rainy days and even at night some...

Camel Rock

Not as clear of a picture but shows a better representation of the "Camel Rock" name.  I only get 1 shot at a pic because Ryan doesn't stop and rarely slows down. This would have been an awesome pic with time!

More and more rare to see a caboose...


Add caption

This cloud has a big scar







It's not easy riding with all these, awe who am I kidding. 

 
Not easy keeping the Wing clean when you're riding 1000's of miles a week.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallup to Parumph, Wrap-up

Orlando then a dose of National Wildlife Refuges

Day 7 - Flaming Gorge to Tetons