Day 11&12 - WWR9 Mountain Home, ID

I have determined that I do not like motorcycle tires, and more specifically the rear tires.  Twice now I have had rear tires have a tread separation.  On the hunt at 4ish PM on Thursday with no luck locally.  Friday morning I expanded the search to Boise.  Very bad luck finding a 195/60R16 of a sport quality anywhere in town.  Finally a shop tells me they can get one by noon.  General G-Max is the new replacement, bye bye motorcycle tire. 

I head up to Boise and wait for the tire, hours later, still no tire.  I finally ask the guy to check on it and he says maybe 2:30.  I decided to try Firestone locally and they had a different size I decided to try.  Strapped the tire and left.  Upon lack of brains, I forgot to look at the gas gauge and ran out 12 miles from town... Arrrg, Shannon and Don were on the rescue mission and even though they knew I had help, wanted to get a picture, as seen below.  Great troopers!  I really appreciated the Idaho troopers.  When I got to the dealer to have the tire installed, we determined it was way too wide. 

I asked Don to take me back up and change out the tires.  Fortunately I didn't tell the other guy no thanks so he had the tire when I got there.  Then back to Mountain Home to drop off the tire.  Saturday was a really long affair.  I spent the entire day as I had the lovely Wild Rose ahead of me for a two tire change.  Finally after getting my bike done and backing it off the rack, they somehow clipped the coolant tank and punctured it.  When I got back from grabbing lunch and having been told the bike would be done when I got back....  Nobody is making eye contact...  I finally asked what was going on and found out the tank was punctured.  The Honda dealer in Boise had one.  So my dealer finally closed at 5pm when I finally pulled my bike out.  It was a scary Saturday as the risk of the tank not being in was high!  And most motorcycle dealers are closed Sunday and Monday. 



The chunk out of our tire.
In Idaho, the cops call their vehicles skunks.  Ryan says they are extremely nice.  While he was waiting for his personal roadside assistance, these nice troopers pumped 2 gallons of gas out of their tank and put it in the bike.

 







Hole in coolant tank... Bad!
Hole caused by dealer and replaced.... Good! 


Joe showing off his pearly whites
Yvette on the other hand, thought I was on the other
side of the drive or is ignoring me.


Traci and Jason

Bill and Carolyn heading out


First I've seen Ryan since this morning...doesn't look too happy.


The after dinner buffet

Don VSP

Wild Rose


A Rose between two thorns!

Ryan contemplating a shot after a rough day.

Joe showing us how to sip on a Rosarita or Frescarita or Fresquilla ...or whatever it's called!

EpiBunny


Southern Draw showing us what carrots are useful for


Alan's response to Beel's carrot trick. 



Not sure how to caption this???


But Cheryl's response is good....

I wonder if he was clicking his heels?

Cranky looks engaged in the conversation!


Another oh my moment

I can't remember, but musta been funny!


Wild Rose's refrigerator.  Stocked and ready for a good time!

Ryan, Alan, Epi, Joe, Yvette, and Cheryl

Bikers in the pool... Usually not good, but looks like everyone is still decent....  At least until the sun goes down


I think I was telling an animated story


What is Beel up too? (Bill without the accent.)



KT taking a stab at braiding Joe's hair.
This is what you call a VSP toilet! Or how this day went!
After he turned the computer on and put it in front of me,
Don got a little figetty when he remembered that his backdrop
may not be appreciated by female viewers.  Could have been worse!

Don got a front row seat for the raffle.
Lots of ??? concerning Joe... 

Ryan catching up with Jim and KT.  Haven't seen them since
Interlochen a few years back.







Sometimes we just don't name names.

Bucky donating proceeds of the raffle to the
Mountain Home Fire Department.


Ryan stole Don's scoot

I was teasing Don, because I love him!

The only sunset view caught in MH.

Wanda enjoying her lit up Margarita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallup to Parumph, Wrap-up

Day 7 - Flaming Gorge to Tetons

Orlando then a dose of National Wildlife Refuges